[802SEC] Proposed 802 resolution

Colleagues-

During our phone conference on cleaning up our P&P this morning we
discussed that some of the items in the ascendancy of our governing are not
available on-line.

We can't control items that come from outside the IEEE such as US or state
law and court decisions but we can hold the feet of the IEEE to the fire to
clean up their act. We all agreed that this is something that needs to be
fixed. Therefore it was suggested that 802 take a position on this.

Therefore, I suggest that the following item be put on the agenda of the
Monday 802 EC meeting for vote and approval.

We can discuss on the reflector in the meantime. Proposals for modification
or amendment are in order.

Geoff

Proposed resolution of 802 EC

802 will not include any IEEE policies, procedures or restrictions into the
ascendency of P&P governing the operation of IEEE 802 unless the following
requirements are met:
	1) Notice is provided to 802 of the rule, policy or procedure
	2) Such policy is openly and publicly available on-line.
	3) The location is made known to 802 via the 802 EC.