Re: [802SEC] +++ P&P Revision Ballot - Clause 17 - Procedure for PARs - tentative tally

Tony,

I talked with ML, and she softened me up a little (put some sense in my
head).

I do support (as you know) the concept of entity balloting.  However, my
intent is that if 802 wanted to have a entity ballot on an amendment or
revision to one of it's standards, it would start an 'SCC' probably with
another standards org that wanted the entity ballot in the first place.
The PAR / amended standard would then be developed through the SCC (with
802 as a participant).  This get's around the fact that in my mind
(although ML disagrees) SA does not permit a Sponsor to directly sponsor
both individual and entity balloted standards.

ML, correctly pointed out that the text I recommend might be viewed as
barring the possibility of LMSC participating in an SCC in support of a
entity based PAR.  Accordingly I wish to amend my recommended text
too...

"3. LMSC projects are balloted by individuals.  No PAR sponsored solely
by the LMSC may be submitted to NesCom specifying any other method of
sponsor balloting."

Thanks,

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.