Re: [802SEC] 802.15 comments on 802.1am

At 01:49 20/07/2005, Bob Heile wrote:
>Tony
>
>As you are aware, there has been lot of interest in architecture issues
>related to wireless.  There have already been a couple of well attended ad
>hoc meetings. We were told in 802.15 that there will be a request by this
>group to form an EC Study Group to see if it makes sense to set up some
>formal projects.  If this happens, 802.1am would potentially be a logical
>subset of these activities.  It was the opinion of the 802.15WG that
>action on the proposed 802.1am project be postponed until pending
>discussion and action on the Study Group.
>
>Regards
>
>Bob

Bob -

We consider that waiting to start this work on the basis of establishing an
EC study group to see whether there might be some projects to do is a
lengthy and indeterminate process; we would therefore be reluctant for this
work to be dependent upon the outcome of such a study group.

Regards,
Tony