From: "Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)" <matthew.sherman@baesystems.com>
To: <bob.ohara@cisco.com>
Cc: "Paul Nikolich" <paul.nikolich@ATT.NET>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 8:01 AM
Subject: RE: Draft updated P&P

Bob,

I think I found the disconnect.  I said I would forward an updated P&P,
but apparently I never did (see e-mail trail below).

Anyway, with great difficulty, I have fixed the problem Paul found.  It
seems to be some sort of interaction between the 'reference' objects in
Word and the bookmark generator in Adobe.  The document would be fine
when I start, and by the time Adobe was done converting it, both the
original and the PDF would be 'corrupted' by lost bookmarks. Eventually
I figured out that when I insert the references I have to explicitly
change them to type 'header' rather than the default type (paragraph or
something).  Then things seem to work.

Anyway, here is the file for posting.

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.