From: Rigsbee, Everett O [mailto:everett.o.rigsbee@BOEING.COM]
Sent: Monday, 25 July, 2005 4:10 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ Motion on The Atlanta Proposal+++ends 29 J...

Thanx Jerry,    I appreciate your input.  Could you please tell me how many members were voting on that meeting site poll on Atlanta ???

Where I recognize it may not be anyone's favorite return site, I think Atlanta still represents an exceptional value site that may then allow us to return to other favorite venues for an average cost that is still acceptable overall.  A lot of our guys ARE on fairly tight travel budgets these days so we need some value locations.  Typically those offer lower prices for some reason.  I saw no safety issue in Atlanta, any more than in any large Metropolitan Area.  They just went to the bother of putting out an advisory to visitors message because they are trying to indicate their sincere effort to eradicate a prior problem.  We had no reports of any incidents, and mostly got compliments for the courteousness of the downtown escort service.

Safety would not be my first concern for Atlanta, but transportation to and from the airport might be my number one.  I thought the downtown location had more than enough good restaurant and night life options nearby to keep most folks happy all week.

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM