From: Mills, Steve M (Standards) [mailto:steve_mills@HP.COM]
Sent: Saturday, 23 July, 2005 9:05 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] BPL Project

Geoff,

I would encourage you to take it to ANSI.  Speaking for myself, and not
the CAG, I feel it is within the bounds of what ANSI would deem
appropriate.  I believe that there are many other organizations that
have similar policies; INCITS and ATIS being examples.

In any case, taking it to ANSI would give us a definitive answer.  And,
if we are found to be in violation, we can fix it.  Otherwise, I would
invite you to participate through your company; who, as you know, is a
member.

Steve