Re: [802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ Motion for Network Equipment Upgradesl+++ends 19 August 2005

Buzz,

I agree with Stuart, Pat, and others on the liability issues ...

I would likely approve an AP only motion with a NTE price of $6k, *if* Tim
thinks it's really necessary AND that it will result in a significant
improvement in the performace of our network (not clear, since so few seem
to have a/b/g cards ...), but as long as there is a component aimed at
getting us into the "business" of supplying NICs, I will vote "DIS" ...

BTW ... How do you propose to fund giving the NICs away for "FREE" (emphasis
yours below) ???

Carl