From: Carl R. Stevenson [mailto:wk3c@WK3C.COM]
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:45 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] [802-18] +++802.18 email ballot on a response to the European Commission's 2.6 GHz consultation+++

Approve.  (and recommend that the Wireless WG and TAG Chairs who have voting
rights in .18 promptly do likewise)

Note to Mike:  I saw an e-mail from Stuart on the 802.11 reflector
indicating that he was going to be on vacation for an extended period - but
don't recall when that started - so it's possible that he may not get your
message and cast a vote.  My recommendation would be that if ALL .18 voters
EXCEPT Stuart have responded and the outcome is clear, that you close the
ballot and declare the result.

Note to the EC members: I would also then recommend that the EC agree, by
responding to this message, that, if the result of .18's electronic ballot
is at least 75% approval by the .18 voters AND the document has not changed
since it was intially submitted for the 5 day EC review, that the EC allow
Mike to send the document off.  (Unless the document has been changed, the
EC will have had more than the required 5 days to review it, so I don't
think it should be necessary to "start the clock over" in this case.)

Carl R. Stevenson

President and Chief Technology Officer

WK3C Wireless LLC

Where wireless is a passion, as well as a profession. SM

Wireless Standards, Regulatory & Design Consulting Services

4991 Shimerville Road

Emmaus, PA 18049-4955 USA

phone:  +1 610 965 8799

cellular: +1 610 841 6180