From: Kuwahara, Denis [mailto:denis.kuwahara@boeing.com]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 1:22 PM
To: Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)
Cc: Michael Lynch
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Current versions of LMSC P&P

Mat,
  Some comments:
Section 7, the comment in square brackets (on groups function) is proper
for WGs and SGs, but not totally correct for TAGs. In section 7.3(a) the
P&P states "A TAG may not write standards, but may write recommended
practices and guidelines, and documents on specialty matters within the
purview of the TAG."

  Consider the following:  "The LMSC organization consists of the
Executive Committee, the Working Groups, Technical Advisory Groups, and
Study Groups, that develop draft standards, recommended practices,
guidelines, or documents on specialty matters."

Section 7.2.5, 1st sentence: An interpretation might be that a WG that
needs to be deactivated when they complete a standard - I find that hard
to understand in the case of 802.11 where they have produced the base
standard, and yet continue to produce supplements to the standard.
Consider: "If the Working Group has completed it's task by the
production of standards or recommended practices, and does not have
additional tasks within their PAR, the Working Group should be
hibernated, as the initial step toward deactivation."

Following Section 14.1.2: There is a Heading "Procedure for
Communication with Government Bodies" that appears that it should be
section 14.2?
 Regards,

Denis
Distributed Network Integration