Re: [802SEC] EC Membership and voting

I have been watching this debate and I must agree with Bob ... If for some
reason I was unable to attend a plenary, I would want my Vice-chair to be
able to act on my WG's behalf - bring necessary motions to the EC and vote
on them.

As Bob points out, anything less would disenfranchise my WG's membership and
place necessary EC motions in jeopardy.

I think we need to make provisions for a Vice-chair, who is delegated by and
acting for a Chair who can't be present, to take the Chair's seat in the EC
meeting and act as the Chair's proxy.

While I have never missed a single plenary or interim in all the years since
I started participating in 802, there is always the possibility that any of
the WG chairs could be taken ill at the wrong time, have an accident, a
death in the family, etc. and be unable to participate.  In such a case, I
see no reason why their duly-elected (and confirmed by the EC) Vice-chair
should not be able to represent the WG.

Regards,
Carl