From: Wayne Sorin [mailto:wayne.sorin@noveraoptics.com]
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 11:15 AM
To: bob.grow@intel.com
Cc: chl@ee.kaist.ac.kr; ¡¾eA¨úA©ö; ©öUAA¡ío; p.nikolich@ieee.org; Rigsbee, Everett O; Wayne Sorin
Subject: Withdrawal of WDM-PON tutorial at upcoming Plenary Session

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your support in arranging the WDM-PON tutorial slot at the upcoming Plenary Session,  but it has come to our attention through some existing voting members that this is not following standard procedures and may actually hurt our chances within the standards process.

For this reason we would like to withdraw our tutorial scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 6:30pm.  I hope this will not cause to much trouble at this late date.

Our intention is to try to follow your earlier recommendation and develop some support within the existing voting members before presenting a formal tutorial.  I will be attending the Plenary in Vancouver and would like to meet with as many of the relevant members as possible.  Hopefully if we can generate some support, this will lead  to a CFI by the next meeting.

Can you forward this email to anyone I may have missed.

Regards,
Wayne Sorin

Wayne V. Sorin
Chief Scientist