Request to form a 802.19 Study Group

IEEE 802 Executive Committee,

            The 802.19 TAG voted to form a study group to develop a PAR and Five Criteria for either an IEEE Recommended Practice or IEEE Guide for predicting coexistence of wireless networks.

            The TAG has been developing an internal 802.19 that can be used as a starting point for this work.

            The vote in the TAG to form a study group was,

            Yes      4

            No        0

            Abstain 2

            I spoke with one other voting member who was unable to attend the 802.19 meeting but he stated he would have voted in favor if he could have attended the meeting today and will contribute to the project if approved.

            I would like to request that the motion to form an 802.19 Study Group be placed on the Friday executive committee meeting agenda.

Regards,

Steve