From: Rigsbee, Everett O [mailto:everett.o.rigsbee@boeing.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:45 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Straw poll on membership

Colleagues,  If I may harken back to yesteryear to find a possible
compromise.  When I first joined 802.5 in 1983 it was 75% attendance at
2 out of 3 plenaries to initially gain voting membership, but only 75%
attendance at 2 out of 4 plenaries to retain voting membership.  Perhaps
that wasn't such a bad idea since it eliminates the possibility of
membership jitter at a single session where you can gain membership and
lose it at the same session.  It may not help much with quorum
management but I think we need a better approach to that anyway.

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing IT - SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM