From: Carl R. Stevenson [mailto:wk3c@WK3C.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:59 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ Editorial

Mat and Bob ...

There is a distinct difference between a TAG and a WG ... TAGs may not
write
(full use) standards - only Recommended Practices and other "specialty"
documents within their chartered purview ...

Why would a task force be abbreviated "TG" ???

> 2.  No problem on lower case plenary and interim.  Unless the
> WG plenary change needs to distinguish a Plenary (i.e., LMSC
> Plenary) from a generic plenary (i.e., WG Plenary or LMSC
> Plenary).  But then, capitalization being the only
> distinguishing characteristic would probably be a bit too
> subtle for me.

I have no problem with the little p ...

> 3.  Subclause 17.1 has bigger problems than a non-existent
> working guide.  We shouldn't reiterate NesCom and SB
> requirements at all, only reference them.  It is in conflict
> with 7.4 (two plenary sessions instead of six months).  The
> second bullet is instructions for filling out the PAR form
> and don't belong here any more than the bad reference.

Agree with Bob ...

> 4.  It seems strange to me to replace things like "working
> groups" with WG and leave the occurances already in the P&P
> of "WGs".  Your attempt to have the singular be defined as
> either singular or plural is incomplete.

Agree with Bob ...

Regards,
Carl

This list is maintained by Listserv.