From: Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)
[mailto:matthew.sherman@BAESYSTEMS.COM]
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 8:49 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ Editorial

Dear EC members,

The last e-mail was the 'official' ballot which was needed to open the
topic for discussion.  Attached are my current recommended changes which
are much more extensive.   If any of you have any editorial issues you'd
like to resolve, please send them to me (with recommended textual
changes).

There are additional changes I want to make, but I want to see if anyone
objects to my positions first.  Here is a short list of issues not yet
addressed for comment:

1) There are a large number of occurrences of 'WG or TAG' and 'WG/TAG'
in the text.  I feel this is cumbersome and unnecessary.  The original
intent of the P&P TAG text was that TAG procedures are identical to WG
procedures unless explicitly identified otherwise.  I plan to replace
most occurrences of the phrases above with 'WG' unless I hear objections
to this approach.

2) There are many occurrences of 'Plenary' as a proper noun
(capitalized).  'Interim' is almost never capitalized.  I plan to
eliminate most occurrences of the capitalization of 'plenary'.  From a
pure grammar perspective I think it can go either way.  Let me know if
you object.

3) In clause 17.1 (line 17) there is reference to a 'working guide' that
I believe no longer exists.  I plan to change the reference to a 'web
page' unless people object.

Regards to all,

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.