Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ WG Plenary

I like Rogers wording, and I'm fine with 1 year
although perhaps we need a little bit of fuzzyness
around the timeframe to make it operationally reasonable
and I would change the timeframe to 336 days. Which is
48 weeks.

Consider a group that has an interim that was pre-announced
for over a year and is held January 16-19, 2006. At that
session they announce that January 15-18, 2006 will be an
interim session. Ooops, they missed the deadline for
announcement by 1 day (assuming a year is the required
minimum. Having done a small amount of meeting planning
I think 48 weeks is close enough to 1 year to allow
for yearly shifts in meeting weeks without diluting
the idea of a long announcement period.

I'd also be willing to lower the window somewhat more, but
in my view, the minimum window of pre-announcement is
3 plenary sessions. So if during the plenary of March
2006 the annoucement is made and posted to the website
then its ok to have a "no quorum" interim session between
November and March 2007. That means you have an minimum window
of 8 months, but is more likely 10 months given that
interims are generally put 1/2 way between plenaries.

I would vote disapprove on any change that had a window any less
then 3 plenary sessions.

cheers,

mike

Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems
Chair IEEE 802.17 Stds WG
3000 Innovation Dr, Ottawa, Canada, K2K 3E8