Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Straw Poll+++ Editorial

Folks,

The feedback so far has been limited, but based on that feedback it
sound like the desired path is to use WG/TAG everywhere (except where we
currently mean only WG or only TAG).

The problem with this is the line in the TAG rules that say all rules
for WG apply to TAG (except as noted otherwise).  The problem is that
this line essentially nullifies the intent of using WG only elsewhere in
the document.  Minimally you would need to notate it WG (but not TAG).
This is particularly an issue in the section titled 'LMSC Working Groups
(WGs)'.  This is a big subclause.  And almost all of it (except as
already excepted) applys to TAGs.  The term WG/TAG would not make much
sense particularly in that subclause. I don't think we want to replicate
all of this subclause in the TAG subclause. It will greatly complicate
the document and tracking future updates.

For now a compromise could be that anywhere outside of the subclause we
use WG/TAG, and clariy the rule in the TAG subclause that all of
subclause 7.2 on WG applies to TAGs except as excepted here.

Does this makes sense?

I will put out the teleconference notice shortly, and will check on any
other issues for the editorial change tomorrow.  My default position is
of course that if anyone objects to any change on this particular update
(since it is supposed to be editorial) the text stays as it currently
is.

Regards,

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.