From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:gthompso@nortel.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:46 AM
To: Shellhammer, Steve
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Regarding Joint Meeting of 802.19 and P1900.2

Steve-

Can you give a little more information?
I.e. what is the scope and field of P1900.2?
Is it expected to do a standard or a recommended practice or??
The coexistence and interference of what and with what?
RF spectrum?
Radio Frequency operational interference or ?

We know by context, history and familiarity what the scope of you group
is.
We (or at least I) know nothing about 1900

Thanks

Geoff

At 09:38 AM 2/23/2006 , Shellhammer, Steve wrote:
>IEEE 802 Executive Committee,
>
>              The chair of IEEE 1900.2 has contacted me and requested a
>joint meeting of his working group and the 802.19 TAG.  The 1900.2
>working group is doing work on coexistence and interference so a joint
>meeting seems useful and is supported by members of the 802.19 TAG.
>
>             Since the meeting is only a single two-hour meeting the
>members of 1900.2 have requested a waver of the 802 registration fee.
>Paul Nikolich has agreed but that needs to be approved by the EC at the
>Monday morning EC meeting.
>
>             I have put together a few slides giving some background to
>assist you.
>
>Regards,
>
>Steve

>This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.
This