[802SEC] +++++ Proposed LMSC P&P Revision on Document Numbering ++++++

Fellow EC'ers,

I'm trying to be proactive and get my proposed P&P revision into
circulation and discussion well in advance.  An area of recent
discussion has been the current LMSC P&P text on document numbering.  It
is clearly faulty.  The attached text attempt to remedy the problem.

Note one issue that has not been settled is question of whether a common
numbering convention should be enforced across all of LMSC.  Both Paul
and I feel this is the best idea.  The attached document uses the
current IEEE 802.11 naming conventions.  What ever format we select
would be fed into the development of an automated tool for document
submission.

I plan to discuss this at the Sunday night 'rules' meeting.  Please
attend if possible.  If you can't be there, please review this document
and comment in advance.

Thanks,

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
Senior Member Technical Staff
BAE SYSTEMS, CNIR
Office: +1 973.633.6344
email: matthew.sherman@baesystems.com

802.0-Document_Numbers_-_Proposed_LMSC_P&P_Revision_Ballot_060225_r0.pdf