From: Pat Thaler [mailto:pthaler@BROADCOM.COM]
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 11:24 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++urgent ***NEW*** EC Email Ballot approve expenditure of 68.7k to upgrade the network+++ tentative results

In making this purchase, we are replacing (or at least relegating to a back-up role) APs that we bought three years ago because of features/modes that they lack. Is this what we need to expect long term
- i.e. in order to have an adequately up to date network we will find we have to roll the equipment about every three years? Do we need to budget 25K a year or 8K a plenary for equipment?