Re: [802SEC] IEEE 802.3 comments on P802.1AS

Tony,

I wonder if you could please clear up some confusion I have regarding
your note?

I understood from your response to Bob that 'In the PAR Scope we have
clarified that this mechanism relates to networks "...composed of LAN
media where the transmission delays are fixed and symmetrical; for
example, IEEE 802.3 full duplex links".' However, I cannot find that
language in the scope of the PAR at the URL you cited.

Also, you mentioned that you had "removed the conflicting wording
from the 5C, where it was superfluous." But the only 5C language that
802.3 mentioned was "full duplex Ethernet or similar links", and that
language DOES exist in the 5C you mentioned.

Could you please help me understand?

Roger