From: Roger B. Marks [mailto:r.b.marks@ieee.org]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 8:55 AM
To: Shellhammer, Steve
Cc: stds-802-sec@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Do Abstains Count in the Denominator

Steve,

No, I have not said that the existing P&P applies to the Nov 2004
session. I don't think anyone has said that. That includes Bob.

What I have said is that the applicable sentence at that meeting was
"LMSC approval of the revised text of the proposed Policies and
Procedures change shall require the affirmative vote of at least two
thirds of all Executive Committee members with voting rights."

The sentence you quoted was never applicable. It is nothing more than
a typo because it was never approved by the EC for insertion into the
P&P.

For more on my view, see:
	http://ieee802.org/secmail/msg08009.html

Roger