Re: [802SEC] EC electronic ballot on 802.22 press release

Approve.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org]
On Behalf Of Carl R. Stevenson
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 11:38 AM
To: EC Reflector 802
Cc: Karen McCabe
Subject: [802SEC] EC electronic ballot on 802.22 press release

Dear all,

Paul has delegated it to me to conduct an EC electronic ballot on the
approval of the attached proposed 802.22 press release.

from
Roger, which I appreciate and think add clarity, so I'm attaching a "r1"
version of the document which shows the changes that Roger suggested and
find acceptable and THAT is the version that's the subject of this
ballot.

MOVE: That the EC approve the release of the attached press release on
802.22's progress (document PR_P02_22V4r1.doc).
Moved: Stevenson
Second: Shellhammer (Dr. Shellhammer has read the document - including
the
editorial changes in "r1" - and agreed to 2nd my motion.)

INFORMATIONAL - this DRAFT press release accurately states the current
status of 802.22 and points to the significant progress that 802.22 has
achieved by going from 10 initial proposals to a single merged proposal
(baseline) between November 2005 and March 2006. I think that, coupled
with
Stuart's press release indicating similar movement towards consensus in
one
of his TGs, it is important to give 802 some positive press rather than
simply
allowing them to feed on the occasional contentious deadlock as has,
unfortunately, been the case in the past.
(Karen McCabe had reviewed, edited, and approved the previously
circulated
version (prior to Roger's editorial suggestions), so I am simultaneously
cc'ing the "r1" version attached to her for her review and approval and
do
not anticipate that she will have any problems with the editorial
changes
that Roger suggested and I've accepted.  However, regardless of the EC
vote
on this ballot, I will not ask Karen to release the press release in the
event she does have problems with the changes.  I will also inform the
EC
ASAP if she indicates to me that she *does* have any problems with the
changes and I will re-start the clock on the ballot on a "r2" version
that
addresses any unanticipated issues she may have with the revised
version.)

This ("10 day")EC e-mail ballot will close at 11:59 pm EST on April 9th,
2006, or when all EC members have voted, whichever comes first.

Your prompt attention to voting will be appreciated.

Regards,
Carl

This list is maintained by Listserv.