Re: [802SEC] ***SEC Five Day Review*** RR-TAG Comments on FCC RM-11325, Amendment of Amateur Service Rules

Dear EC Colleagues,

I also reviewed and voted approve in .18 on this filing and urge you to
allow it to go forward in a timely manner.

As an amateur radio operator, I cannot and do not support the ARRL's
petition ... It is unnecessary and "supported" by specious arguments in an
attempt to remove a requirement that is simply good engineering practice and
which, if removed, would allow misuse of 802.11 (b/g in particular) by
amateurs in a way that could cause widespread, massive disruption of
personal and enterprise networks over large areas (imagine blanketing an
entire metro area with a single "LAN" from a high site at exceedingly high
radiated powers ...)

The ARRL proposal is unnecessary and deserves our opposition.

Regards,
Carl