Re: [802SEC] ***SEC Five Day Review*** RR-TAG Comments on FCC RM-11325, Amendment of Amateur Service Rules

I'm not sure if we're voting on this.... or not... (our practices on
what constitutes a "duly approved email ballot" still confuse me).

I'd be one to approve.

Like Carl, as an amateur radio operator, I too think the ARRL is off
base here. While automatic power management may be challenging it is not
impossible, but moreover, it is key to successful cohabitation on the
spectrum.

Perhaps my thinking is too simplistic, but I think 802 is a great case
study in how this is so. We have first hand experience with trying to
run a bunch of spread spectrum radios in close proximity. Automatic
power level management has been the key to getting our plenary network
running reliably. True, it has taken us (and our vendors) a few years to
figure it out, but we did. I hope we don't have to contend with some
distant source of high-powered interference (that RM-11325 would allow)
at our future sessions.

Amateurs do a lot of good in this country and around the world,
including experimentation with radio technology which frequently results
in innovations for mainstream markets. But on this one, they are
off-base.

john