From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:gthompso@nortel.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 5:49 PM
To: Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] FW: What is item 6 in LMSC P&P

Mat-

Text from an old version:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LMSC POLICIES AND PROCEDURES REVISED JULY 16, 2004
FILE: LMSC_P&P_JULY_2004_R0.DOC

8.2.3 Interim Session Financial Reporting A WG/TAG or WG/TAG subgroup
shall prepare and submit all financial reports required by IEEE,
IEEE-SA, Computer Society and LMSC regulations on any of its interim
sessions for which fees were collected and that did not comply with all
of the following requirements.

1. The WG/TAG or WG/TAG subgroup was not the Host of the session.

2. The Host complied with the definition of a host in Section 6.2.1 of
these P&P.

3. Neither the WG/TAG or WG/TAG subgroup nor any of its officers had any
financial responsibility for the session including any deficit or
penalties.

4. Neither the WG/TAG or WG/TAG subgroup nor any of its officers handled
and/or had or exercised any control over any funds either received for
the session or disbursed to pay the expenses of the session including
penalties.

5. Neither the WG/TAG or WG/TAG subgroup nor any of its officers had
and/or exercised any decision authority over the disposition of any
surplus funds from the session.

6. Neither the WG/TAG or WG/TAG subgroup nor any of its officers have or
had any control over or beneficial interest in any surplus funds from
the session.

In the case of an interim session that is hosted by a single non-IEEE
entity and for which fees are collected, the usual financial goal is for
the session to be non-deficit with a minimum surplus. A recommended way
of achieving this is for the Host to commit to a contribution to the
session and then reduce that contribution as required to minimize any
session surplus. It may be most convenient for the Host to not make the
contribution (transfer the funds) until the size of the contribution
needed to meet the non-deficit minimum surplus goal is known. If there
is a surplus, the Host may retain it or dispose of it in any manner it
chooses that does not violate item 6 above. 8.3 Registration Policy In
order for an individual to become registered for a given

Geoff