Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot Results +++ Editorial 2

LMSC P&P ballots are kind of an exception because the reality is that
the ballot itself really doesn't count.  It is more a way of ferreting
out all the comments.  The only vote that really counts on the Friday
vote in the Plenary session.  Based on that the P&P revision sinks or
swims.

What happens now is that I take (or whoever is running the ballot takes)
the comments input and develop resolutions that hopefully make everyone
happy.  If they don't, I guess the P&P revision will fail the vote in
Plenary.

The reason I get concerned by low participation is that I can't resolve
comments if I don't know about them.  People tend to show up at the vote
at the Friday EC meeting and first start surfacing issues.  There is no
way to address them in real time.  That's why we require this long 4
month plus process to make a P&P revision.

Let me know if there are other questions.

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
Senior Member Technical Staff
BAE SYSTEMS, NES