Re: [802SEC] +++Motion to approve P802.3an press release w/update

Bob-

I object to the current version of the release for the following reasons:

(The new one is better on the basis of the other improvements, but not good
enough)

I consider the following sentence to be misleading at best and untrue at worst:
      "This allows enterprise users to leverage their installed Ethernet
architecture, software and cabling as they migrate to 10 Gb/s operation."

I don't think that enterprise users can depend on being able "leverage
their installed cabling" since a lot of the installed cabling won't cut it
at 10Gig.

It would be more accurate to say:
      "This allows enterprise users to leverage their installed Ethernet
software and cabling architecture as they migrate to 10 Gb/s operation."

If you insist on leaving the Corr 1 text in (and I think that is a bad
idea) you should at least change it to reflect its publication. i.e. change:

      "IEEE has also approved IEEE 802.3-2005/Corr. 1, ...",

to:

      "IEEE has also approved and published IEEE 802.3-2005/Corr. 1, ...",

I urge you to include these changes.

Geoff