From: Steven Schroedl
To: Paul Nikolich
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 9:39 PM
Subject: IEEE 802 - 2006 San Diego Network Status July 17, 2006

Paul,

Welcome to the end of day one.  What a great way to end day one.  Most of the day was helping members who wanted to switch over from the open WLAN to the 802.1x WLAN.  The best way to say this is "The network was outstanding all day."

The lesson for the day is: Never trust that the experts who pulled the CAT5e from the IDF to the far, far, far ballroom, will respect the maximum length of 100 meters for CAT5e.  During the 802 opening we did a quick fix by switching away from hotel port that was 383 feet from the IDF, to a local switch of ours that was with in distance spec.  This corrected the small flaky section in the back of Elizabeth ballroom F.

Regards,

Steven Schroedl
CEO and Founder

VeriLAN Event Services, Inc.