From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List *****
[mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 2:00 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [802SEC] Straw Poll on: LMSC Operations Manual

Folks,

Please respond to the following straw poll:

Should we partition our current P&P into a P&P and subsidiary Operations
Manual?

Background:

The changes below were approved by the standards board.  It has been
suggested on several occasion that we should split our rules into a more
rigorous 'bylaws' type document that would be our actual P&P, and a
lesser subsidiary document which still be binding governance, but be
lower in the order of precedence and easier to change.  Most of the
material based on the Model P&P would remain in the current P&P, and
sections that aren't required for the P&P would wind up in the
operations manual.

Given the current changes in SA I believe it is even more imperative to
more towards this format because changing the P&P will be that much more
difficult under the new rules.  One of the push backs I received at the
P&P review tonight was that it would be more cumbersome for our members
to utilize than if all the 'rules' are in a singe document.  Some people
seemed to support creation of the new document and some seemed to be
against it.  There was only a small cross section of the EC present, so
accordingly I'm running this straw poll to see how people feel.

Please respond at your first reasonable opportunity.

Thanks,

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
Senior Member Technical Staff