[802SEC] Fw: IEEE 802 and JTC1/SC6

 Dear EC Members:

 This is a note regarding the discussion on the formation of national body
 positions related to IEEE 802 standards we had during July plenary session.
 I have appointed Andrew Miles, an 802.11WG Member, to lead the development
 of an 802 position with respect to the below request from JTC1/SC6 to
review
 and comment on the 802/SC6 relationship.  The relevant JTC1/SC6 documents
 are attached.  Andrew will be contacting you shortly to provide input to
 him.

 Additionally, please notify your WG and TAG members that if their employer
 is not in the US, they should consider connecting with the appropriate
 groups that influence their national body's votes.

 I have been request to announce to those who's employers are US companies
 that more participants would be welcomed in the US TAG Technical Advisory
 Group (TAG) for ISO/IEC/JTC1/SC6/WG1 Project 05.  This is the "committee"
 that can provide an IEEE 802 influenced vote on LAN/MAN subjects in JTC1.
 Mr. Bob Pritchard is the contact for this US TAG.  Any one interested in
 joining the US TAG should contact Mr. Prichard at r.pritchard@ieee.org.
 Please pass this information along to your group's members.

 Regards,

 --Paul