Re: [802SEC] Clause 20 Report regarding P802.16k to Sponsor Ballot

Bob,

Thanks for asking. I'm sorry I wasn't clear about this.

The answer is (2): the changes to the draft are not "substantive" and
therefore do not require recirculation.

The Abstract that was changed is part of the frontmatter. I discussed
this issue in my note mainly because it was the subject of a new
Disapprove comment. Rather than rule the comment invalid, I preferred
to address it, since this could be done without substantive changes
to the draft (or, depending on your viewpoint, without any changes to
the part of the draft approved in WG ballot).

As part of the editorial update in going from D2 to D2a, one change
was made to the draft itself. However, that change was non-technical
and non-substantive.

Regards,

Roger

P.S. As a footnote, the non-substantive change was to the following
sentence:

"The user_priority parameter of the M_UNITDATA primitive is not
encoded in the MAC CPS MSDU as described in 6.5.5.2.1.1."

That sentence followed a few sentences saying that a bunch of
parameters ARE "encoded into the MAC CPS MSDU as described in
6.5.5.2.1." However, since this particular sentence says that the
parameter is NOT so encoded, the reference to the subclause
describing such encoding is meaningless. Therefore, the editor chose
to drop the words "as described in 6.5.5.2.1.1". That's the only
change to the body of the draft.