Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ WG Voting Procedures

Mike/Steve

Both of you have very good questions!

Let me try to help clarify the issues that were raised by Steve and
yourself, as I was worked with a small Ad-Hoc group inside 802.11 that
came up with the suggested recommended changes. This should help clarify
your concerns.

Regards,

-Al

Clarification: Clause 7.2.4.3;

*         The WG Chair (as well as the TG,SC,SG Chairs) decides what is
technical and non-technical wrt issues and motions on the floor. This is
the first determination. Procedure is the next step.

o        It was recommended to change "procedural" to "non-technical"
because the chair then applies parliamentary rulings to motions on the
floor to seek proper "procedure". Some motions under parliamentary
procedure require 50% approval, while others require, 2/3 or a majority
approval.

*         Sentence: "Technical issues are those that can impact the
substance of "output documents" of the Working Group.

o        "Output documents" are those that leave the WG and passed on to
the IEEE 802 hierarchy seeking approval or to bodies (liaisons, stds
organizations, or other entities) outside the IEEE.  Such output
documents include specifically PARs, Drafts, but may include for example
letters to outside bodies that has technical content (substance). For
this reason, "Output documents" was specified.