Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ WG Voting Procedures

Steve -

PARs and drafts are NOT the only output documents of a WG. We also generate
liaisons and position papers to other organizations, and meeting minutes,
for example; I believe that motions approving these are rightly considered
to be technical motions also.

I agree that "output documents" is vague, but the way to fix that is to add
a definition of what the list of things that constitute "output documents"
actually is, and then use the term. However, the list of things that need
to be decided by a "technical" (75% approval) vote of the WG is ABSOLUTELY
NOT IMHO restricted to output documents; for example, a motion to impose a
directed position on a Chair, or a motion to remove a Chair from office,
should very definitely be considered to be "technical" votes as opposed to
procedural (decided by the Chair) matters! So I think the fundamental
problem with this change to defining the "procedural/technical" distinction
only in terms of output documents is that in doing so, there is a class of
decisions that must be made by the WG that fall outside the (current)
definition of "Technical" and that should have been included.

Regards,
Tony