Re: [802SEC] RE: [802SEC] +++EC Email ballot (closes no later than 17SEP2006)+++ Motion to approve the attached EC position statement regarding the SC6 review of 8802-1

Andrew,

I hope you noticed the "smiley" :-) on that comment ... And turnabout is
fair play, though honestly I actually didn't misspell your name
intentionally :-)

With regard to the rest of your comments, please afford me some time to
consider them and my response ... I still think the language will create
problems, despite your best intentions, by reinforcing the idea that IEEE
802 (and maybe other groups in IEEE-SA "need" to go through ISO/IEC to be
credible international standards, but I will consider your comments and
probably propose some wording changes to mitigate the problem.

Regards,
Carl