Re: [802SEC] EC Email Ballot: 802.17b Revised PAR to NesCom

Tony,

802.17 has never appeared in a ISO/IEC 8802 standard.
When we started .17 and .17a and .17b the current
kerfuffle over WAPI had not occurred and it seemed
prudent to leave open the possibility to push .17
into ISO/IEC. In the end, the WG has never chosen
to do it, but we keep it on the PAR form to stay consistent
with previous projects.

Wrt to the Title:

a) we were missing the Part 17
b) we had excess capitalization
c) we were missing the (RPR) that was in the base
   standard.

cheers,

mike

Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems
Chair IEEE 802.17 Stds WG
3000 Innovation Dr, Ottawa, Canada, K2K 3E8
voice: 613-254-3399       cell:613-220-6991