From: Aggarwal, Nitin [mailto:nitin.aggarwal@ttu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 2:40 PM
To: Rigsbee, Everett O
Subject: Request for Information - Texas Tech University

Dear  Dr. Rigsbee,

My name is Nitin Aggarwal and I am a Ph.D. student at the Texas Tech
University.   As a part of my thesis I am trying to study the
antecedents of successful standard setting process.  For this I request
you to kindly take a short survey that should not take more than 4-5
minutes of your time.  Your responses will be anonymous.  There is a
progress bar at the bottom of the survey which will show you how much
survey is finished.

You can access the survey by following this link:

http://surveys.irim.ttu.edu/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.cgi?idx=EEJNBN
<http://surveys.irim.ttu.edu/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.cgi?idx=EEJNBN>

If you decide to participate or not to participate in this survey,
please reply to this message once so that I don't send you any
reminders.  As the responses are anonymous, there is no way of finding
out who participated in the survey.

I know you are very busy and you must be getting a lot of requests like
this which sometimes can be annoying. However, the nature of good
research is such that it can only be useful if it is validated by
industry experts like you.  This research is very important to me and
hopefully to my peers in the industry and academics.  I sincerely
request you to give me 5 minutes of your time and complete this survey.
It will mean a lot to me.

Also as an active participant in the standard setting process, you might
be interested in a short summary of the results and what they mean.  I
will be happy to provide those to you.

There are only few people knowledgeable enough who can answer these
questions.  It is important that I get as many responses as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, do let me know and I will try to
answer them to the best of my ability.

Once again thanks for taking time out and considering my request.

Best regards,

nitin aggarwal | ph.d. student

information systems and quantitative sciences

rawls college of business | texas tech university

p.o. box 42101 | lubbock | tx 79409-2101

office: 510 | email: naggarwal@ba.ttu.edu

ph: 806.742.4098 | fax: 806.742.3193

http://ta.ba.ttu.edu/naggarwal