[802SEC] 802 Banking account proposal

Folks,

At the November plenary, I'd like to propose a motion, seeking your
approval to change our provider for banking services. In advance of
that, I thought I'd explain the rationale, and entertain your questions
so the matter could be dealt with expeditiously at the closing EC
meeting.

I'm proposing we sign on with a new program IEEE is providing referred
to as "Concentration Banking" where all societies/regions/conferences
etc pool their funds. Some advantages:
 - We receive a more favorable interest rate (currently 4.94%)
 - The program provides for a Bank Card (similar to a debit card) which
should facilitate small purchase transactions.
 - The provider is Wachovia bank, so proximity to a physical branch will
no longer be an issue (US Bank's nearest location to me is Franklin, TN
- 4 hours away). Though instances are rare when I actually have to be at
a branch in person, it's a nice to have.
 - The program provides individualized banking statements with all the
information we need to track transactions per our current practice. This
includes online facilities for monitoring account activity.
 - There are no fees associated with the account.
 - Transitioning the management of this account to my successor (whoever
the lucky person may be :-) should be easier as physical presence at the
bank is not required.

More information is available at
http://www.ieee.org/portal/pages/services/financial/treasury/concentrati
on.html

I'm happy to answer any questions or address concerns you may have.

Look forward to seeing everyone in November.