Re: [802SEC] RE: [802SEC] EC meeting via teleconference--tentatively Friday 2-4pm et 20 Oct 2006

Mike,

The quorum issue I was concerned about would be for Executive Session
based on:
7) Conflicted EC Members may not vote on any matter appearing before the
EC relating to
802.20 and may not be present for any matter relating to 802.20 held in
executive session.

I don't know to what extent this concern will apply because it isn't
clear how much of the 802.20 matters going forward will be held in
executive vs. open sessions. When 802.20 matters are held in open
sessions, then recused members can be present so there probably isn't a
quorum issue. Biggest quorum hit will be the moment when the potentially
conflicted members are asked to get off the call (because there may be
more potentially conflicted members than those decided to be
conflicted).

From our earlier discussions on recusal with the lawyer, a recused
member normally has the same ability to be present as observers. If the
meeting is open to observers than recused members can be present. If it
is closed to observers, they recused members usually are expected to
leave.

Paul,

Regarding openness, could you clarify whether the teleconference is open
to observers or an excecutive session.

Pat