From: Bill Quackenbush [mailto:quackenbush@ieee.org]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 11:11 PM
To: Rigsbee, Everett O
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] 802 Banking account proposal

It is my recollection that the IEEE auditor, Emily Cummings, stopped
"recommending" in her audit report that IEEE 802 move their funds into
IEEE concentrated banking because IEEE concentrated banking accounts
have to be closed every year. That works just fine for a conference
account which has a life of less than a year, but would not work well
for an ongoing activity like 802.  If IEEE concentrated banking accounts

still have this property, you would have to close the account and open a

new account with a new account number and new checks every year.  That
kind of annual interruption is not something I would want to have to
deal with.

Thanks,

Bill Q

Rigsbee, Everett O wrote:
> John,  I think you need to consider the reasons why Bob Grow found
> switching to IEEE's Concentration Banking a good idea for conferences
> but NOT a good idea for IEEE 802.  Your predecessor, Bill Quackenbush,
> studied this matter in great detail and came to the exact same
> conclusion.  There were good reasons to stay independent.
>
> IEEE has been trying to "sell us" on this concept for over 10 years
> because it benefits them.  I have yet to see any real benefit to IEEE
> 802 for making the switch.  I can call my "personal banker" at Bank of
> America and do international wire transfers over the phone, but I
still
> find occasions when I need to go to a local branch.  Having a bank
with
> local branches everywhere is much better than one that only has them
in
> some localities.  If we choose to give up on that luxury, then I would
> suggest we are better off going with one of the best new online-only
> banks that does everything online without branches because they have
all
> the same features, pay much higher interest rates, and are accessible
> anywhere you can get on the Internet.  Check-out Emigrant Direct for
> comparison.
>

> Thanx,  Buzz
> Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
> Boeing IT
> PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM
> Seattle, WA  98124-2207
> NOTE: New phone & Fax numbers; please update your address book.
> Ph: (425) 373-8960    Fx: (425) 865-7960
> Cell: (425) 417-1022
> everett.o.rigsbee@boeing.com

Technically,