Re: [802SEC] 802 Banking account proposal

John,  I have an issue with 2) below: You said,

"	2) Can a hotel or other organization with which 802 needs to
establish an account/credit get confirmation of the 802 account and
other appropriate 802 account specific information as can be obtained
from an independent bank account?

And Geoff piles on: I am curious as to the credibility (from a hotel or
other vendor's point of view) of somebody at the IEEE vs. talking to a
bank when seeking to establish our credit worthiness. It seems to me
this might be an issue.
         I assume that if our banking is concentrated that our vendors
can not call the bank directly for information on a sub-account. If we
expect that this sub-account information is to be available directly
from the bank then we need to definitively establish that this will be
the case.

[JH: The vendor would speak directly to the bank, and the bank would
provide information based on the entire IEEE account. IEEE is aware of
this practice and allows it. The credit worthiness would be established
with the entire IEEE.  So, we should benefit in that the credit
worthiness for the IEEE 802 activity would be based on the entire
holdings of the IEEE, not just those of IEEE 802.  We have not had
issues with this in the past, but alas, it would give us some
"headroom]"

I would suggest that credit-worthiness is much more than the matter of
the account balance.  It looks at history, volatility, and liabilities.

So under concentration banking our credit worthiness now becomes an
amalgam of all other groups and conferences, some of which have had less

than sterling histories and may in fact cause us to achieve lower credit

worthiness scores than we have achieved and maintained on our own.  I
think we also run a serious risk from possible lawsuits and outstanding
judgments that may name that account as a liable asset and thereby put
our credit worthiness in serious jeopardy.  So let's not be too quick
to join the amalgam without an assay of the true risks involved.

We have made and maintained an excellent rating for ourselves over the
years.  I'm not at all sure I would want to trade that away for the sum
total of the amalgam.  As I'm sure you have noticed in reading our hotel

agreements, the penalties for not passing the credit-worthiness muster
are severe and in many cases would make it impossible to fund the
advance
deposit requirements under our current pay as you go method of
operation.
That would be a killer for me.

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing IT
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM
Seattle, WA  98124-2207
NOTE: New phone & Fax numbers; please update your address book.
Ph: (425) 373-8960    Fx: (425) 865-7960
Cell: (425) 417-1022
everett.o.rigsbee@boeing.com