[802SEC] Dallas 802 Session-802.15 issues

Dear ECColleagues

Something has come up which requires my attention elsewhere for a good
chunk of next week. 802.15 Vice Chairs Rick Alfvin and Pat Kinney will run
the show in my absence. Rick will sit at the table at the Monday EC meeting
as a non voting representative of 802.15 and at the 802 opening
Plenary.  He will also run the Working Group meetings on Monday and
Wednesday, host the 15.5 Mesh Networking Tutorial Tuesday evening, and
stand in where necessary on any 802 business requiring WG
representation.  I will be in daily contact with them and accessible via
email.  I will running the closing WG plenary and will be attending the
Friday EC meeting.

Key business items anticipated for the week-

15.4a-  Conditional approval to submit draft to RevCom.

15.4c Study Group-  Need to renew the study group for another four months.

15.4d Study Group- I will recirculate the revised PAR and 5C this week
based on comments received to date.  The WG will act on any additional
comments received by 5pm Tuesday and consider the revisions for approval at
its mid week plenary along with a motion to forward the revised PAR to
NesCom.  Renew Study Group if necessary.

15.5- will host a Tutorial on Tuesday evening

Body Area Networks-  Depenging on the recommendation of the group, there
may be a request to form a study group to look at WPAN standards/amendments
utilizing bands dedicated to medical applications.

See you later in the week.

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
11 Louis Road
Attleboro, MA  02703   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@ieee.org