[802SEC] Comments on 802.1Qav

Tony:

IEEE 802.3 did not generate comments on any PARs for consideration at this session.  I did though inform the WG of the general area of concern identified below for the comments I submit as an individual.

I am not sufficiently comfortable that the proposed 802.1Qav PAR provides sufficient assurance that the work will consider both wired and wireless MACs.

I propose that language be added to the Purpose stating that the project will harmonize the promised performance guarantees for both wired and wireless as well as mixed wired/wireless L2 networks.

Additionally, the requirement for this should be included in the PAR Need.  An acceptable approach would be to add to the end of the second sentence "in mixed wired and wireless environments".

Bob Grow
Chair, IEEE 802.3
bob.grow@ieee.org