Re: [802SEC] revised P802.16m PAR, and comment responses

Roger,

	I reviewed the new 16m PAR and I am now clearer on one item but
am unclear on one new item and concerned about another item.

	The Scope of the PAR now clearly states that 16m is only for
licensed operation and so I understand why the 5C says that the working
group will not develop a coexistence assurance document.

	The Scope of the PAR includes the sentence,

	"It addresses the cellular layer requirements of IMT-Advanced
next generation mobile networks as specified in Rec. ITU-R M.1645."

	I am unclear what the phrase "cellular layer" means.  Does this
mean a new PHY will be developed? Does this mean a new MAC will be
developed?  Does this mean a higher layer (layer 3) will be developed
and included in 16m?

	My biggest concern is the following sentence in Section 7.1 of
the PAR,

	"Other IEEE 802 projects may target aspects of IMT-Advanced, but
the scope of this standard is expected to be unique within IEEE 802."

	I cannot support a PAR from one working group in IEEE 802 that
prevents another working group from initiating a project to prepare a
standard for submission to the ITU for IMT-Advanced.

Regards,
Steve