Re: [802SEC] January 2008 Pacific Rim Interim-response needed

Bob-

Though I, like Pat, don't have working group that I represent at the EC I
do share her opinions on this topic. Apart from Vancouver I have seen
little value in 802 hosted interims and they seem to be distracting us from
what I feel should be the primary focus of our task as the EC, positioning
802 itself as International.

My guess is that 802 hosted interims will just be confusing to both any
incoming constituency and our current constituency. For new folks it will
confuse them as to what is an interim vs. what is a plenary. For the
existing folks it will look like we (as 802) are trying to make all
meetings the same.

Except perhaps for a situation similar to the reason for the Vancouver
interim, I expect to speak against any new IEEE 802 hosted interims.

Sincerely,

Geoff