From: "Paul Nikolich" <paul.nikolich@ATT.NET>
To: <STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 5:45 PM
Subject: [802SEC] tentative results +++EC Email ballot (closes no later than
12FEB2007)+++ Motion to approve the statement regarding the Standards
Coordinating Committee on Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks

Dear EC,

The tentative results for the above email ballot are shown below.  Please
confirm I have recorded your vote correctly. To those who have not cast a
ballot please do so--the ballot closes end of day 12FEB2007 AOE.

Regards,

--Paul

Vote categories:         APP    DIS    ABS    DNV
VC Mat Sherman.          APP
VC Pat Thaler                                 DNV
ES Buzz Rigsbee.                DIS w/comments
RS Bob O'Hara.           APP
TR John Hawkins                               DNV
01 Tony Jeffree.         APP
03 Bob Grow.             APP
11 Stuart Kerry                               DNV
15 Bob Heile.            APP
16 Roger Marks                                DNV
17 Mike Takefman                              DNV
18 Mike Lynch                                 DNV
19 Steve Shellhammer.    APP
20 Arnie Greenspan.      DNV
21 Vivek Gupta                                DNV
22 Carl Stevenson        APP w/ comment
ME Geoff Thompson        non-voting
16 TOTALS        result  06     01      00     09
Buzz's comments:
Colleagues,  I'm sorry but this proposal does not sound workable or fair
to me.  Essentially we're saying, "Go ahead and form your committee;
just don't do anything that might interfere with something we might want
to do in the future."

How can they possibly know what to avoid ???  I think if we want to
protect our turf effectively, we have to volunteer to host this
committee effort and work with them to ensure that all projects are
coordinated properly.  We can't expect to have first drink if we're not
willing to carry most of the water.

So I don't think I could support issuing this statement.  It just
doesn't seem to be a reasonable position to take.

Thanx,  Buzz
Carl's comment:
Approve, with the following comment, perhaps the 2nd paragraph should end
"... To the IEEE 1900 steering committee, the IEEE Standards Board, and the
IEEE-SA Board of Governors."

(I think the BoG should be covered.)

Carl