Re: [802SEC] Liaison from ITU-R WP 8F to IEEE and WiMax Forum re Rec. M.1457

Paul,

This is an interesting observation. The IEEE contribution of 21
November says "IEEE herewith proposes a new terrestrial radio
interface..." Note also that Attachment 1 of the IEEE contribution
identifies the "proponent" as the IEEE 802.16 Working Group on
Broadband Wireless Access. A later WiMAX Forum contribution, of 22
December, references the IEEE contribution and says: "The WiMAX Forum
hereby respectfully submits supporting material to complement the
IEEE's submission."

I hesitate to characterize the thinking of the group regarding the
language. However, it's worth noting that the detailed proposal
process (which uses the word "proponent") does require some specific
supporting content. Some such material was included in the the WiMAX
Forum contribution but not in the IEEE contribution. Hence, while
IEEE proposed the interface, one could argue that the proposal
package, in a broader sense, would be incomplete without the
supporting material.

Roger