[802SEC] Leadership Changes in 802.17

Dear Fellow EC Members,

I've had a wonderful opportunity to work with very talented and
committed
people over the past 8 years in the development of 802 standards.
However the
time has come for a change in my participation in 802.

I have spoken with Paul and Steve Mills and will continue to participate
in
the 802.20 Oversight Committee. I will also continue to participate in
802.17
as a member, but the ratification of 802.17b and the expected forwarding
of the
802.17c PAR to Nescom after the March Plenary meeting provides a good
point in
time to allow the next set of leaders to step up in the 802.17 WG.
Therefore,
802.17 will hold elections at the March Plenary Session for Chair and
Vice-Chair.

The 802.17 elections will be held during our closing plenary meeting of
the March
session. As per 802 P&P the new Chair and Vice-chair will assume office
following
the close of the 802 EC meeting on Friday the 16th of March.

regards,

mike

Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems
Chair IEEE 802.17 Stds WG
3000 Innovation Dr, Ottawa, Canada, K2K 3E8
voice: 613-254-3399       cell:613-220-6991