[802SEC] open office hours minutes
BobO, Please put these in the closing EC minutes under the 'open office hours' agenda item. Regards, --Paul
Open Office Hours Minutes, 14MAR2007. SOM 7:50pm, EOM 9:10pm
Panel Members: Paul Nikolich, Karen Kenney, Jim Carlo, Steve Mills
Attendance, approximately 16 people at start of meeting, 6 at end of meeting
Format: panel at front of room on dias, attendees at tables
Comments from the attendees:
Not enough non-NA meetings
- meeting fees are not a substanial fraction of cost to attend--should not be a major barrier to non-NA meetings
- Israel meeting cost was reasonable (~$300),
- David James--feels the meeting fees are too high, lack of international chairs, need an affirmative action program
- Adrian recommends against London/Paddington
- CONCLUSION: meet internationally once per year, Geneva may be a good starting location
IPR Tutorial comments
- questions were poorly addressed, e.g. disclosure policy
- much discussion regarding the assignment and affiliation requirements
- CONCLUSION: send your questions and concerns to the patcom adminstrator
- procedural ballot 15day is too long, Reason for his concern--the editors were forced to work long hours to meet the 15day plus 30 day letter ballot requirement in the dot11 project
- CONCLUSION: WG chair could be authorized by WG at closing meeting to approve editorial work of merging comments into draft is done properly, obviating the need for the 15 day procedural letter ballot. Institute an LMSC policy change reducing letter ballot time to 10 days from 15 days.
Press articles in Japanese press
- photographs circulated of an 802 meeting--this is expressly forbidden, but what can be done?
- CONCLUSION: continue efforts to ensure positive press balances negative press
- panel/audience format was not conducive to informal conversation
Conclusion on value of Open Office Hour feedback format
- these informal sessions are not working - as only a few stallwarts attend.
- I will discontinue Open Office Hours
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.