Re: [802SEC] +++ECmail ballot(closes no later than 27April2007 +++Motion to Affirm

Pat:

I'm in substantial agreement with you here.

Because of my great respect for Paul as Chair, I choose to make my
discomfort with Paul's guidance on this vote only govern my personal
actions.  I do not believe I should vote on any 802.20 item until the EC
receives direction that changes the last instructions we received from
the IEEE-SA Standards Board.

As I suggested in a previous message that the March SASB meeting serve
as precedent.  I now cite that as personal reinforcement that I should
be recused on this issue. (At the March Standards Board meeting, as a
conflicted SASB member I was instructed not to vote on the SASB
confirmation of the 802.20 Vice Chairs.)  I expect that being recused
for conflict of interest, I should also not be counted in the
denominator for computing approval.  (The unapproved March Standards
Board minutes record the vote without including the conflicted SASB
members in the denominator.)

BTW, the new SASB members were also vetted for conflict of interest on
this issue, and all continuing SASB members were asked if anything had
changed in their status that could change conflict of interest on 802.20
items.

--Bob Grow